A funeral is a worship service in which the body of the deceased lies in the casket. The service takes place to praise God for that person’s life and service. A memorial service is a worship service, and the body may have been cremated or buried privately. Pictures or a portrait may be placed near the chancel steps.
The bereaved family or designee should adhere to the following policy:
- Contact the pastor or administrative assistant at 314-381-2770 as soon as possible
- Check availability of church calendar with pastor or administrative assistant and schedule a date and time for the service
- Determine if a repast will be held in the fellowship hall following the internment (funeral) or memorial service. Discuss the number that will possibly be attending.
- Contact the church office to determine availability of date and time
- Tour facilities if not a member
- Any applicable Funeral/ Memorial Services and repast payment will be due two (2) days prior to the service